Looking at joining us for your medical attachment? We get a diverse range of nationalities on section here in the Cook Islands from coming from New Zealand, Australia, England, Germany & Japan plus many others. With white sands and warm lagoons, we have become a favourite destination for medical students and professionals alike.
Interested applicants must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Students are to be in their last year of studies.
- Each applicant must submit current CV, requested start and end dates, and a recommendation letter from their Medical School Dean and what objectives they wish to achieve while on attachment in the Cook Islands.
- Applications are to be submitted six months before the attachment is to begin.
- Must have a valid passport
- Valid letter from the Dean of school/university of study
- Current home address
- Phone contact (mobile)
- Arrange own accommodation and travel
- Required to pay an administration fee of NZ$100 on arrival
Due to our special relationship with New Zealand Health, student doctors from NZ will be given a preferential selection.
For more information please contact MOHsupport@cookislands.gov.ck or fill out the form below.