The Human Resources division was established to contribute to the development of a Ministry-wide Human Resources strategic direction and its on-going evolution by:
- Advising the Executive Team on Ministry-wide HR strategies and policies;
- Supporting, advising and guiding managers on the application of policy, procedures and all staffing matters;
- Leading the development and implementation of an HR framework which facilitates and supports effective people leadership and management;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reviewing the Ministry’s HR practices, policies, and procedures;
- Providing administration services in the areas of recruitment, payroll and training and development to the Ministry.
- Leading the development and implementation of a capability development programme which aims to grow the Ministry’s people capability;
This division falls under the Funding and Planning directorate and like other departments within this directorate serves as a support mechanism to the other core functioning directorates of the Ministry.
The mission statement is, ‘to have a workforce with the capacity and capability to provide excellent health care services to achieve better health outcomes for the people of the Cook Islands”.
In 2010, the Ministry of Health published a Workforce Development Plan for 2010‐2020. The plan recognizes that in order to meet the health needs of the population a well‐trained, highly skilled and competent health workforce is required.
In line with the Workforce Development Plan, the HR division is responsible for:
- HR Policies, Practices and Systems;
- Leadership and Management;
- HR Strategic Planning;
- Performance Monitoring, Reporting and Review;
- Work Programme Management; and
- HR Administration and Payroll Management and Research.
The HR office is managed by Ms Temarama Anguna, Manager Human Resources.
Listed below are some of the project highlights of the HR Office:
- Workforce Development Plan 2010- 2020;
- A comprehensive Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual;
- “Vizual” Personnel system for computerized personnel records.
To download a copy of MOH Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, visit the MOH Documents section on this site.