Community Health Advisory Committee
- Koutu Nui Representative
- Private Sector and Community Representative
- NGO and Community Representative
- Youth Representative
- NGO and Community Representative
- Faith-based Representative
Health Professional Council
Sewage and Sanitation Board
Functions and powers of the Board:
(1) The Board has all of the following functions and powers—
(a) to periodically review these regulations and any approved standards, and to recommend to the Minister that they be modified or expanded;
(b) to take all necessary action to ensure that these regulations and all approved standards are applied and enforced;
(c) to determine and approve performance criteria for sewage systems;
(d) to administer and apply all systems of registration as provided for by these regulations and approved standards;
(e) to issue permits, certificates and other approvals in accordance with these regulations and the approved standards;
(f) to revoke or suspend any registration, permit, certificate or approval under these regulations or approved standards, on the grounds of any breach of these regulations or the approved standards;
(g) to direct that any inspection be undertaken to determine any matter relevant to the application of these regulations and the approved standards, and to require that a report be prepared and submitted to the Board
(h) to authorise any other enforcement action for the purposes of these regulations and the approved standards;
(i) to require that any additional information be provided in relation to any application to the Board, or that any information or matter be verified in a manner determined by the Board;
(j) to perform any other functions and exercise all incidental powers as provided for by these regulations and approved standards, or as delegated to or vested in the Board in accordance with law.
(2) The Board has authority to delegate any of its functions and powers to a sub-committee established for any purpose by the Board, or to an appropriate officer of the Ministry, subject to such conditions as the Board imposes, and any sub-committee or officer performing functions and powers under this regulation must provide a report of all action taken to the Board at its next meeting.
(3) The Board has authority to remove any sewage treatment unit design from the Register if the sewage treatment unit design does not meet the requirements of these regulations or approved standards, or if the manufacturer is found to have provided false and misleading information about the design, operations, capabilities or any other technical matter concerning the sewage treatment unit.
(4) The Board has authority to remove any sanitary professional or technician from the register who has been found to practice in a manner that breaches these regulations or approved standards.
(5) The Board has authority to remove from the register any septic tank manufacturer who has been found to manufacture septic tanks contrary to these regulations and approved standards.
(6) Despite any other provision of these regulations, the approval of the construction and operation of any moderate load or high load sewage system on any island is the responsibility of the Board.
(7) Despite any other provision of these regulations, the approval of the construction and operation of any secondary or advanced treatment system on any island is the responsibility of the Board.
The Sewage and Sanitation Board is made up of the following members:
- Director of Public Health
- Director of National Environment Services
- Building Control from Infrastructure Cook Islands
- Representative from the Cook Islands Wastewater and Septic Disposal Association
The Pharmacy Board functions are listed under Part 2 of the Ministry of Health (Pharmacy and therapeutic products) Regulations 2013 in relation to the regulation of pharmacists and allied pharmacy professionals.
Members of the Pharmacy Board are as follows:
- Head of Ministry of Health
- Chief Pharmacist
- Medical Practitioner
- Private pharmacy profession representative
- Community Representative