The radiology department provides basic radiology services for the Cook Islands. It has a Computerized Radiography unit with a recently install Ultrasound system which caters for a wide range of examinations.
The department consists of 2 qualified staff from the Fiji School of Medicine.
The services provided by the department are:
General Radiography Services
- Departmental x-rays
- Ward x-rays
- Theatre x-rays
- General Abdominal scans
- Small Parts (Breast,Thyroid,Testes)
- Vascular( Carotids, Arterial & Venous system)
- Musculoskeletal scans (provided by the Physiotherapist)
- Echo (provided by Medical Physician)
Special X-ray Examinations (only Consultant Request)
- Urinary Tract Contrast Studies
- Barium Studies
After Hours On Call Services (only on Doctors Request)