13 January 2022 (CKT)
With the opening of the Cook Islands air border today, it is timely to inform the Public on how to access Hospital Health Services in a manner that is safe for you, for other members of our community and for health care workers.
- Hospital Health Services will be available 24 hours, 7 days a week for emergency call outs through 999 or via referral from Primary Care Health Clinics.
- If you are concerned about your health, after hours, please call 22664 to talk to a doctor. He/she will advise the appropriate “next steps.”
- Specialist clinics e.g., Surgical, Medical, Obstetrics/Gynaecology and Paediatric services are by appointment only.
- Radiology (X-ray) and laboratory services will also need a referral from your attending doctor and by appointment if non urgent.
- On Arrival to the Hospital for appointments or emergency department, please:
- Tag in or sign in at the main entrance
- Use the hand wash station
- Surgical masks will be provided, please wear them
- If you have cough and cold symptoms you will need to put the mask on before you can be screened
- Please observe physical distancing at the waiting area.
- Visiting hours and protocols
- Monday to Saturday 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Sundays 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- People visiting patients must be at least 12 years and older and must either be fully vaccinated or must take a Rapid Antigen Test prior to arriving at the Hospital. This is for the safety of the patients who are already vulnerable due to their high-risk situation.
- There can only one visitor per patient at any one time.
- Children under 12 years of age are not to visit the Emergency Department or any of the wards unless they are there to see a doctor or are being admitted as a patient.
Hospital Health Services seeks the cooperation of the public and asks respectfully that we all follow the above instructions. Doing so will help to keep all of us safe.
For any further clarification please ring 22664 and you will be directed to the appropriate responsible person to answer your inquiry.
ENDS: Contact Jaewynn McKay; firstname.lastname@example.org +682 55486