Careers & Vacancies
Interested in a career in health? Join our team.
If you have the passion and desire to work in health, join our team and contact us today. To express your interest in roles advertised, you must submit a cover letter and CV via email to MOH.HR@cookislands.gov.ck.
FOR INTERNATIONAL WORKERS
If you are applying for roles from overseas be prepared to provide:
- contact details (phone/email) for at least three referees
- a medical report (<3 months old) from a NZ panelist doctor (refer to Immigration NZ website). Complete the MEDICAL IMMIGRATION FORM and submit it to MOH.HR@COOKISLANDS.GOV.CK
- a recent (<3 months old) police clearance report from your country of residence
Job descriptions (JDs) can be requested from MOH.HR@COOKISLANDS.GOV.CK
- Law and Order Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Nurse for Mental Health
- Health Protection Assistant (Aitutaki) – Closing date: 7/12/23
Primary Health Care
- Medical Officer Specialist Skills (MOSS)
- 3 x Registered Nurses for PHC
Hospital Health Services
- Medical Specialist – Paediatrician
- 3 x Registered Nurses for HHS
- Pharmacist – Closing date: 15/12/23
- Senior Registered Nurse/Midwifery – Closing date: 15/12/23
- Infection Control – Closing date: 15/12/23
- Dental Therapist (Aitutaki) – Closing date: 7/12/23
Planning and Funding
- Supervisor Reception
- Receptionist – Closing date: 15/12/23
How to apply with us
If you have the skills and experience suitable for the position you applied for, you will be contacted by our team to arrange for an interview.
Tip: Use this as an opportunity to share any additional details about your relevant experience.
If your application is short-listed, you will be invited to attend a panel interview at our office, or if based on the Pa Enua (outer islands) or overseas, a video interview will be conducted using technology such as Skype or Zoom. Our interviews are behavioural and competency based, and require you to draw upon relevant examples from your prior experience to determine the competencies required for the role.
- Take time to prepare some specific work examples to discuss
- Punctuality is important
- Take time to research about us – our vision, values, leadership and governance structures and strategies
- Be prepared to ask questions if you need
If your interview is successful and you’re shortlisted for the role, this process is essential to determine if you will receive an employment offer from us. It is important to provide at least two references on your CV who we can talk to. This process can take a while but we’re working as quickly as possible. If you have any queries during this process or wish to follow up, please call us and ask to speak with one of our HR team members.
If you’ve made it this far and receive an employment offer from us, congratulations! If you choose to accept the offer, the relevant documentation required as part of pre-employment checks include a criminal history check and medical clearance. For medical clearance please fill out the MEDICAL IMMIGRATION FORM as well as read the policy attached to the form. This can take some time. Once all relevant documents and pre-employment checks are complete, you’ll be contacted by our HR team for a start date.