The Emergency Response Plan to COVID-19 was endorsed by Cabinet on 08 March 2020. The Plan provides a national response framework for the Cook Islands to guide our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Cook Islands response is structured across three stages, four Codes and four phases.
The objectives of the Plan are:
- Inter-agency cooperation to coordinate a nationwide response
- Effective use of legislation and policies to support the management of an epidemic
- Mobilisation of resources and finances
- Strategic communications to build public trust and confidence
- Community and stakeholder engagement across all sectors