Description: This Strategy outlines actions to achieve an integrated and comprehensive health information system. To achieve this, involves recognising the importance of:
- Health information in setting health priorities and the effective use of resources to address these health priorities
- Health information in evaluating health system responses and performance (including broader community responses)
- Cause-of-death and mortality-level data in monitoring health outcomes from NCDs
- Encouraging a culture of information use and planning based on evidence
- A multi-sectorial approach to strengthening the health information system.